Click to Home

Go To Search
FacebookTwitterFind & Follow
Frequently Discussed Topics (cont. 2)
Legal Services for the Indigent
These services may be obtained from:
  • The Legal Aid Bureau of Frederick by telephone at (301) 694-7414
  • The Office of the Public Defender (criminal matters)
    100 W. Patrick Street
    Frederick, MD 21701
    Ph: (301) 600-1988

Police Matters
If you have a police emergency, please dial 911 immediately. Any matters involving the Sheriff’s Office should be communicated directly to that office at the general number (301) 600-1046.

You may also contact:
  • The Maryland State Police at (301) 600-4151
  • The Frederick City Police Department at (301) 600-2100 (for police matters within the corporate limits of Frederick).

District Court Commissioner
The District Court Commissioners are judicial officers authorized to issue statements of charges and perform other judicial functions for the District Court of Maryland.

The District Court Commissioner may be reached at (301) 600-2009.

Consumer Complaints
The Consumer Protection Division of the Office of the Maryland Attorney General handles consumer complaints about services rendered or purchases of faulty items. The nearest office is located at:
44 North Potomac Street, Suite 104
Hagerstown, MD,
Ph: (301) 791-4780.

This office can be reached locally every 2nd and 4th Thursday at (301) 600-1071 during the hours of 9:00 am - 1:00 pm.

Board of Education
Our office does not provide representation to the Board of Education. You may contact the Board of Education at (301) 644-5000.

Homeowner Complaints
Homeowners with complaints about licensed contractors or with general questions about a home improvement contractor performing repair, replacement, or remodeling work may contact the Maryland Home Improvement Commission at:
  • Ph: (410) 230-6309
  • Ph: (888) 218-5925