Temporary Hours of Operation
September 15, 2023, through September 22, 2023, the Frederick County Liquor Board office hours will be 6:30am to 2:30pm. We will be available by phone (301)600-2984 or email firstname.lastname@example.org from 2:30pm-3:30pm.
On Monday, November 13, 2023, at 9:00am the Frederick County Liquor Board will host its first Alcohol Day.
Alcohol Day is designed to allow the Board to present their legislative packet to Frederick County Delegation. This will afford the time that is needed for discussion on the packet. Frederick County businesses and individuals are invited to weigh in on the packet or make additional request to the Delegation. Once the Board finalizes the legislative packet, a summary will be available on our website for review.
Alcohol Day will be held at the Public Safety Training Facility (Classroom 117) located at 5370 Public Safety Place, Frederick, MD 21704. You may attend in person or virtually using Microsoft Teams. Join on your computer, mobile app: Click here to join the meeting or call in (audio only) 1-667-217-6643 Phone Conference ID: 754 116 373#
Virtual Alcohol Awareness Classes
Great news, Frederick County Liquor Board has now been approved to bring back virtual alcohol awareness classes. They will be offered on a limited basis.
OCTOBER DATES FOR Alcohol Awareness classes offered OFF SITE.
- FREDERICK MOOSE LODGE- SATURDAY OCTOBER 14TH at 9am- 828 E. Patrick St, Frederick, MD 21701
NOVEMBER DATES FOR Alcohol Awareness classes offered OFF SITE.
- WALKERSVILLE FIRE HALL- SATURDAY NOVEMBER 18TH at 9am- 79 W. Frederick St, Walkersville, MD 21793
If you wish to register for one of the above classes EMAIL or CALL THE OFFICE AT 301-600-2984. THERE IS NO ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR THESE CLASSES.
VIRTUAL ALCOHOL AWARENESS CLASS AVAILABLE
- Tuesday, October 24th at 8:30am VIRTUAL.
- There are strict guidelines for virtual classes, please see below.
- You must sign on 15 minutes early to ensure there are no technical difficulties.
- You MUST always be seen on the screen; THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY.
- you MUST use a computer to sign in so that the screen stays open during testing.
- If you must use a cell phone and are in a group setting, if the proctor can see the students on the one screen main screen, then you can use the cell phone. (Example a person sets up one laptop that views the room of participants to take the class, but the test is taken on each person’s cell phone)
- Cell phones typically cut off the screen during testing. THIS CANNOT OCCUR – IF SO, THE TEST IS DISQUALIFIED.
- Each participant must have their own valid email address to join this class.
- Each person will receive an email invitation to attend the class ONCE THE CLASS FEE IS PAID. ($40.00 PER PARTICPANT)
- You must complete the form with a valid mailing address as this is the way you will receive your certificate. We will send an electronic copy within 24 hours of taking the class, but the actual hard copy will be mailed.
Please click HERE to register for the virtual class.
Alcohol Awareness for Special "One-Day" Licenses and Promoters Permits
Each Licensed event shall have 100% employees/volunteers serving or selling alcohol complete an Alcohol Awareness training program.
ALCOHOL AWARENESS CHANGES - Full-Time Licenses
All licensed establishments must have 50% of ON DUTY employees that are SELLING or SERVING alcohol, Alcohol Awareness trained.
Regular hearings of the Liquor Board will be held at 8:30am on the second Monday of each month except on holidays. Click here to join the meeting on your computer or mobile app. or call 667-217-6643 ID # 222 042 890 454#. Please see the schedule for 2023 below. Please note, there will not be a hearing in December.
2023 Hearing Dates
Alcohol Beverages Regulations
Regulations Adopted June 12, 2023, effective July 1, 2023
Revisions of Regulations
During the 2023 Legislative Session in Annapolis, six bills were enacted and signed into law by Governor Wes Moore that may affect the holders of alcoholic beverages licenses in Frederick County. These laws became effective on July 1, 2023. A summary of 2023 Legislative Session has been created.