Mud on Roadways

Frederick County Office of Highway Operations receives several calls every year regarding mud on the roadways.
  • If the mud is causing slippery or hazardous conditions, please contact Central Communications at the non-emergency number, 301-600-1603.
  • If this mud is coming from an active construction site, you may contact the Environment Compliance Section via email or by phone at 301-600-3511.
  • If the mud is coming from an active farm, please contact the Soil Conservation Service at 301-695-2803 (#3) or the Maryland Department of the Environment at 301-739-8068.