- What Do We Do?
- Recycle Cart Service Guide
- Recycling Center Services
- Blue Bin Curbside quick FAQS
- Contact Us
Since 1991, the recycling arm of Frederick County Division of Solid Waste and Recycling has served the entire population of Frederick County by uniquely advocating and executing programs centered around the 5Rs:
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Refuse, and Rot.
While our blue bin curbside residential program serves 86,000+ homes, our recycling program encompasses a comprehensive recycling center that is free and open to the public.
This center includes both single-stream (blue bin) items as well as items that can be recycled through alternate programs.
Frederick County recycling also works with third parties and different organizations to implement special programs and events such as textile, household hazardous waste, and other collections that benefit the county's residents.
These services are supported by the SBC fee and are open to all residents of Frederick County.
Commercial single-stream recycling is available from various haulers and has a tipping fee of $25 per ton.
Your house's "Blue bin" or recycling cart isn't indestructible, nor magical, or even the right size.
From time to time, you may need your bin serviced, changed to meet your recycling needs, or activated for your new address. If so, you can easily call 301-600-2960. or follow the following links:
If the cart/bin assigned to your house is missing, click here to request a replacement.
Is your cart missing? Please wait a day or two before requesting a replacement. We find that in most cases, carts reappear, OR, another abandoned cart is left sitting out on the street nearby and can be adopted for use.
If your house does not have a recycling cart/bin, click here to use our online request form.
CART ORDERS FOR NEW HOMES (built in the past 12 months): When a recycle cart is ordered for a newly built home, it will be delivered on the first scheduled recycling collection day of the following month. This means it can take 2 - 5 weeks to receive a new home's recycling cart and begin service. You do not need to contact the office to check up on the order; simply use the online form to request a cart, and your service will start within the next month. Unfortunately, if you do not yet have a blue cart, you cannot recycle at home. (This is due to billing and contractual arrangements with the County's recycling contractor.)
If you already have a cart/bin but would like to exchange it for another size, click here.
If your existing cart/bin is damaged and needs repair/replacement, click here.
If you need to have a cart or hand-held bin removed/returned to our office, click here.
- Foam (Couch cushions, carpet padding etc.)
- Motor Oil (5 Gallon Max per Day)
- Scrap Metal (Items made of 75% or more of scrap metal accepted)
- Rigid Plastics @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Oil Filters
- Cooking Oils
- Lead acid batteries (Including car)
- Ones you have to pay for: Tires and E-Recycling @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Our blue bin curbside collection program serves over 86,000 single-family homes in Frederick County.
Frederick County contracts both the collection of materials and the sorting of the materials to third-party partners. These contracts give Frederick County one of the clearest recycling guidelines, allowing residents to make every effort to Recycle not just right but with purpose!
Most questions can be answered via Recycle Coach. With Recycle Coach, you can:
-Check your Recycling Schedule
-Find out what goes where
-Get service notifications and reminders.
You can access Recycle Coach with no login needed below.
If your cart was curbside by 6 AM and you feel it may have been missed for pick up, click here.
You can also find posters, fliers, and other printable materials HERE.
Please Note: If your house was built in the past year, it may not be part of this database yet. Simply enter your street's name (or a neighboring street) and select a nearby address to receive identical information.
- Customer service, administrative office hours: 7:30 am - 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday
- Recycling Center site hours: 7 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Saturday
- Phone: 301-600-2960. Due to the volume of calls, please leave a message if you do not reach a representative.
- Email: recycle@FrederickCountyMD.gov
- Join our Facebook community to ask questions, see event listings, and get helpful recycling tips: www.Facebook.com/FrederickRecycles
- Text Us 301-900-7010 (Non-Emergency Only)
Normal, with no service interruptions.