Severe Weather Communication
End of Highland School Road Temporary Road ClosureThe Highland School Road temporary road closure is now over and the bridge deck replacement over Little Catoctin Creek has been completed. Read on...
2023 Frederick County SKYWARN Courses AnnouncedThe Frederick County Division of Emergency Management is partnering with the National Weather Service Office in Sterling, Virginia, to offer two free SKYWARN “Storm Spotter” trainings. Read on...
New Traffic Control at Intersection of Crestwood Boulevard and Hannover DriveThe Division of Public Works, Traffic and Permit Section, announced that changes to traffic control at the intersection of Crestwood Boulevard and Hannover Drive are planned for June 5, 2023. Read on...
Weather InformationCitizens should monitor local weather forecasts for emergency notices. Link to National Weather Service
- None at this time
- American Red Cross - Western Region - website
- City of Frederick - Tune to cable channel 99, or visit www.cityoffrederickmd.gov/snow for updates
- Fort Detrick - www.detrick.army.mil
- Frederick Community College - www.frederick.edu
- Frederick County Public Schools - Visit www.fcps.org for emergency or inclement weather updates.
Highway OperationsFor more information on inclement weather incidents, e-mail Highway Operations or call the office at 301-600-1564.
Roads Closed: For current road closure details, view the Frederick County Road Closure web map.
Snow event: please visit the snow removal information page.
To submit a work request to the Division of Public Works, please use the County's Reporting tool, FCG FixIt.