FREDERICK, MD – Frederick County Government offices will be closed on Monday, June 20 in observation of the Juneteenth holiday. Services will resume at their regularly scheduled times on Tuesday, June 21.
Additional information regarding the holiday schedule:
- Animal Control: Animal adoptions and the Administrative Office will be closed. Animal Control Officers will be on duty and may be reached at (301) 600-1544. For emergency situations, call 301-600-1603 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/animalcontrol.
- Board of Elections: will be closed. Details: call 301-600-VOTE or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/elections.
- Department of Social Services: will be closed. Details: call 301-600-4555 or visit www.dhs.maryland.gov.
- Health Department: will be closed. Details: Visit Health.FrederickCountyMD.gov or call 301-600-1029.
- Frederick County Courts and State’s Attorney’s Office: District and Circuit Courts are closed. State’s Attorney’s offices will also be closed
- Landfill and the Reichs Ford Road Recycling Center: Landfill and Recycling centers at 9031 Reich’s Ford Road are open for normal business hours and curbside recycling is running on its normal collection schedule. The DSWR administrative offices are closed for the Juneteenth holiday.
- Frederick County Public Libraries: Frederick County Public Libraries will be closed Sunday, June 19 and Monday, June 20. Curbside pickup and telephone reference will not be available during this time. Details: call 301-600-1630 or visit www.fcpl.org.
- TransIT: On Monday, June 20th, 2022, the TransIT office will be closed and all TransIT services will be cancelled for the Juneteenth Holiday. MARC Train will run their “R” schedule for the Brunswick Line and 204, 505, and 515 MDOT MTA Commuter Bus service will run their “S” schedule. Details: call 301-600-2065 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/TransIT.
- Call 301-600-9000 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov for further information about Frederick County government public services, FCG TV (cable channels 19 and 1085, including live and rebroadcast programming), county meetings on webcasting (www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/FCGTV), department listings and other issues of interest to residents.