Frederick County Government Offices Closed on Memorial Day
FREDERICK, Md – Frederick County Government offices will be closed on Monday, May 29, for the Memorial Day holiday. County offices and services will return to regularly scheduled hours on Tuesday, May 30.
Clarifications to the holiday schedule:
- Animal Control: Administrative office will be closed and kennels will be closed for adoptions May 28th and 29th. Animal Control Officers will be on routine duty, call 301-600-1544, for emergency situations, call 301-600-1603 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/animalcontrol.
- Board of Elections: Office will be closed. For further details, visit: FrederickCountyMD.gov/elections or call 301-600-VOTE.
- Department of Social Services: Offices will be closed. For further details, call 1-800-332-6347 or visit www.dhs.maryland.gov.
- Landfill, Administrative Offices and the Reichs Ford Road Recycling Center: Offices will be closed. There will be no curbside recycling pick-up and all recycling collections will shift one day later than usual for the remainder of the week. For further details, call 301-600-2960 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/recycle.
- Health Department: All offices will be closed. Details: call 301-600-1029 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/healthdept.
- Frederick County Public Libraries: will be closed on Sunday, May 28, and Monday, May 29. Curbside pickup and telephone reference will not be available during this time. For further details, call 301-600-1630 or visit http://www.fcpl.org.
- Frederick County Courts and State’s Attorney’s Office: District and Circuit Courts will be closed.
- Transit: The Transit office will be closed and all Transit services will be cancelled for the Memorial Day Holiday. MARC Train and the 204, 505 and 515 MDOT MTA Commuter Bus service will also be cancelled. Details: call 301-600-2065 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/TransIT.
For further information about Frederick County Government public services, FCG TV (cable channels 19 and 1085, including live and rebroadcast programming), county meetings on webcasting (http://www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/FCGTV), department listings and other issues of interest to citizens, call 301-600-9000 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov.