Fire & Rescue Training Office
Excellence, energy, and excitement! These three attributes describe the Public Safety Training Facility! The Training Office, in partnership with the Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute, provides day and evening public safety training to career and volunteer personnel, recruits, and other divisions within Frederick County Government.
We take our commitment to serve the citizens and visitors of Frederick County seriously and know that, in order to provide the best service, we must keep our skills sharp. With energy and excitement, we work tirelessly to be excellent in all that we do!
Recruit Class 32 began their journey on February 28, 2022 and have been working through Firefighter I, Hazmat Ops, Rescue Tech, Firefighter Survival and Rescue, Arson Detection, and EMT. They have an anticipated graduation date of September 9, 2022.
Fire Medic/ALS Instructor
5370 Public Safety Place
Frederick, MD 21704
Weather Cancellation Line: (301) 600-2545
The following are some scholarship / tuition reimbursement opportunities available to Frederick County Fire / Rescue personnel.
- Maryland State Firemans Association Scholarship Committee Scholarships -
- "The MSFA Dr. John L. Bryan Scholarship Award," sponsored by this Association. The level of support is determined annually by the committee, based on availability of funds.
- "The Floyd B. Heimer Memorial Scholarship Award," sponsored by Mrs. Josephine G. Heimer. The current level of support is $2,000 per academic year, subject to change at the discretion of Mrs. Heimer.
- "The Shock Trauma Board of Visitors Scholarship Award," sponsored by the R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center Board of Visitors. This will be awarded annually by the Scholarship Committee to worthy applicants in Emergency Medical Health Services Programs. Levels of support are determined annually by the committee. Available funds vary each year.
- "The Delmarva Power Scholarship Award," sponsored by Delmarva Power. The current level of support is $4,500 per academic year.
- “The Bill and Alicia Olsen Scholarship Award” The requirements for this scholarship are currently being developed and will be posted at a later date.
Work Based Learning Program - Open for Enrollment
The Frederick County Fire & Rescue Services Internship Program is offered to high school seniors by Frederick County Volunteer Fire & Rescue Services. Interested students must be a High School Senior, 16 years of age or older, a member of a volunteer fire/rescue company AND pass a Frederick County Fire Department physical.
Click here to learn more!