- County Executive
- Constituent Services
- ADA Information
- Website Accessibility Resources
Website Accessibility Resources
Accessibility Design GuidelinesFrederick County is committed to closely work with vendor, CivicPlus to provide and maintain accessibility to our website for all citizens. Site scanning technology is used to monitor compliance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
Our website has been designed with the following accessibility guidelines in mind:
- The standard font used throughout the site has been chosen to be easily legible.
- Wherever possible, we use live text instead of graphics to reduce the download time of pages and increase your control.
- No information is exclusively conveyed using color. This doesn't mean that colors are not used to organize information; instead it means there are also other, non-color dependent ways of doing this.
- Images and hyperlinks, where appropriate, have an alternative text attribute. This means when an image or hyperlink is conveying important information its content is described with an alternative text.
- We have attempted specifically to comply with Section 508 referring to website accessibility standards.
- If you have difficulty accessing the site or have any comments or feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us
Many popular browsers contain built-in accessibility tools.
- Internet Explorer Accessibility Information
- Firefox Accessibility Information
- Chrome Accessibility Information
The Frederick County Website provides the public with the option to use Google Translate. By using the translation service, you are accepting that pages on this website will be converted into a language other than English.
As with any machine translation, the translation of text does not take into account the context of the text and therefore Google Translate may not fully convert text into its intended meaning. As a result, Frederick County Government cannot guarantee the accuracy of the translated text nor are we liable for any resulting issues. Graphics with text, PDF files and special applications on this site cannot be translated.
The Google Translate option can be found at the bottom right of the web pages on our website.
Additional Plug-ins Adobe Reader is required to view and print PDF documents that appear on this website.
- To download this program for free, visit the Adobe website.
- To read PDF documents with a screen reader please link to the Access Adobe website which provides useful tools and resources.
Adobe Flash is required to view certain videos that appear on this website.
Supported Assistive Technology
- Latest Version of JAWS for Windows
- Latest Version of NVDA for Windows
- Latest Version of VoiceOver for Mac OS X
- Keyboard-Only Navigation
BrowsealoudBrowsealoud is a software program that reads website content aloud. As visitors move their cursor over words on the Frederick County Government website,the words are spoken audibly. This unique feature makes the county website accessible to a greater percentage of citizens.
Browsealoud’s program is Free to download for all website visitors, and is especially beneficial for those with:
- Mild visual impairment
- Low literacy skills (it will speak the words for you)
- Attention deficit issues (children and adults alike)
Select the orange headset icon located on the left blue menu on each page.
For Browsealoud support please either email, or call toll free at 888-248-0652, or use toll free fax at 866-248-0652.