Housing Rehabilitation Programs
Emergency Rehab Loan ProgramThe Frederick County Emergency Housing Rehabilitation Program provides zero interest, deferred loans up to $15,000 for emergency repairs. Read details on the Emergency Housing Rehab Program Fact Sheet. Download the application.
Senior Rehab Grant ProgramThe Frederick County Senior Housing Rehabilitation Grant Program provides grants up to $15,000 for emergency repairs and accessibility modifications to very low income senior homeowners. Read details on the Senior Housing Rehab Grant Program Fact Sheet. Download the application.
Special Loan ProgramsThe Frederick County Department of Housing and Community Development administers the "Special Loan Programs' on behalf of the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD).These programs are designed to improve single family and small rental properties for low and moderate-income families. The programs rehabilitate properties, increase energy conservation and meet special housing needs such as lead paint abatement and installation of indoor water and sewer facilities.
- Accessible Homes for Seniors Program [Link to video]
- Indoor Plumbing Program (IPP) [Link to FNP article 5/16/13]
- Lead Hazard Reduction Grant Loan Program (LHRGLP)
- Maryland Housing Rehabilitation Program (MHRP) [Link to video]
- Special Targeted Applicant Rehabilitation Program (STAR).
Loan proceeds may be used to pay for the actual costs of rehabilitating the property to correct deficiencies, energy conservation, handicapped accessibility, plumbing, wells, sewer and lead hazard reduction. For amortizing MHRP loans only, up to 40 percent of the loan may be used for general property improvements such as remodeling of kitchens and bathrooms, carpeting and landscaping. Homeowners may finance all costs associated with closing the loan. Sponsors are required to pay all closing costs.
- Read details on the Rehab Fact Sheet.
- Download the Homeowner application.
- Download the Sponsor application for rental housing.