The Frederick County Fire & Rescue Museum, located at 300B South Seton Avenue, Emmitsburg, Md., will open for the 2019 season on Saturday, April 6, at 10 a.m. The museum features artifacts from every fire and rescue company in Frederick County, as well as displays highlighting the Maryland State Firemen’s Association
and the Frederick County Volunteer Fire & Rescue Association.
items include the 1939 Ahrens-Fox pumper owned by the United Steam Fire Engine
Co. No 3, the 1946 Ford pumper that formerly served the Vigilant Hose Co. and
now privately owned by John Hollinger, the ornate 1893 Holloway Hose Carriage
“Romeo” owned by the Independent Hose Co. No. 1, the circa 1840’s hand tub
pumper “Old Lady” used by both the United Fire Co. No. 3 and the United
Volunteer Fire Company of Libertytown.
other interesting artifacts from throughout Frederick County are also on
display. One museum display room is dedicated to Frederick County Emergency
Communications featuring the 1967 logbook from the first day of operation of
Frederick County Central Alarm.