Frederick County Government Services to Be Closed on Labor Day
FREDERICK, MD – Frederick County Government offices will be closed on Monday, Sept. 7, for the Labor Day holiday. Services will resume at their regularly scheduled times on Tuesday, Sept. 8.
Additional information related to the holiday schedule:
1) Animal Control & Adoption Center remains closed to the public. Details: 301-600-1603 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/animalcontrol.
2) Board of Elections and Department of Social Services remain closed to the public. The drop box at the Board of Elections is open for mail-in ballot applications. Details: www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/elections and www.dhr.maryland.gov.
3) Health Department: All offices will be closed. Details: call 301-600-1029 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/healthdept.
4) Landfill, Administrative Offices and the Reichs Ford Road Recycling Center will be closed. There will be no curbside recycling pick-up that day and all recycling collections will shift one day later than usual for the remainder of the week. Details: 301-600-2960 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/recycle.
5) Frederick County Public Libraries remain closed to the public.Curbside pickup and telephone reference will not be available on Monday. Call for Details: 301-600-1630 or visit www.fcpl.org.
6) TransIT Services: The TransIT office will be closed and all TransIT services will be cancelled for the Labor Day Holiday. MARC Train and the 204, 505 and 515 Commuter Bus service will be cancelled. Details: call 301-600-2065 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/TransIT.
7) Call 301-600-9000 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov for further information about Frederick County Government public services, FCG TV (cable channels 19 and 1085, including live and rebroadcast programming), county meetings on webcasting (www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/FCGTV), department listings and other issues of interest to citizens.