FREDERICK, Md. – Frederick County Government services will be closed Thursday and Friday, Dec. 24 - 25 for the Christmas holiday. Work will resume at its regularly scheduled hours on Monday, Dec. 28.
Services will also be closed on Friday, Jan. 1 for the New Year’s Day holiday and will return to regularly scheduled hours on Monday, Jan. 4.
Additional information regarding the schedule:
- Animal Control and Adoption Center remains closed to the public. Details: www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/animalcontrol or 301-600-1603.
- Frederick County Board of Elections and Department of Social Services will be closed Dec. 24 -25 and Jan 1. Details: www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/elections or 301-600-VOTE (8683) and www.dhs.maryland.gov or 301-600-4555, respectively.
- The Landfill and the Reichs Ford Road Recycling Center will be closed on Dec. 25, and Jan 1, and there will be no curbside recycling pick-up. All recycling and collections will shift one day later than the normal schedule for the remainder of the week. Details: www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/recycle or 301-600-2960.
- Frederick County Public Libraries. will be closed Thursday and Friday, Dec 24-25 and Friday, Jan 1. Virtual resources and services are still available 24/7 at: www.fcpl.org
- Frederick County Health Department: All division services will be closed Dec. 24 -25 and Jan. 1, and re-open Dec. 28 and Jan. 4. Details: www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/healthdept or call 301-600-1029.
- TransIT Services On Dec. 24,TransIT-plus (demand response) and peak Connector service will not operate; Connector service will operate on a limited weekday schedule. On Dec. 25 and Jan. 1, there will be no services. On Dec. 31, TransIT services will be open; TransIT-plus will operate and Connector service with peak service will operate on a limited weekday schedule. Complete holiday schedules are listed on the Rider Bulletin page. Details: www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/transit or 301-600-2065.
- Frederick County Courts and State’s Attorney Office District and Circuit Courts are closed Dec. 24-25 and Dec. 31-Jan 1. State’s Attorney offices will also be closed
- Call 301-600-9000 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov for further information about Frederick County government public services, FCG TV (cable channels 19 and 1085, including live and rebroadcast programming), county meetings on webcasting (www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/FCGTV), department listings and other issues of interest to citizens.