FREDERICK, MD – The Frederick County Office of Transportation Engineering announced today that Bullfrog Road bridge over the Monocacy River is now re-opened to traffic.
The bridge was closed on January 31, 2020 due to safety concerns of cracked members. The closure allowed the Office of Transportation Engineering & Office of Highway Operations to make repairs to the bridge. The structure, built in 1908 and rehabilitated in 1996 and 2010, is a single-span steel through truss bridge of camelback design. The single-lane bridge has a span length of approximately 183’ with a clear roadway width of approximately 13’.
Even with repairs, the bridge structure’s posted weight restriction of 30,000 lbs will remain in place. The Division of Public Works appreciates the public’s patience during unanticipated closure.
For additional information, contact Project Manager Amanda Radcliffe, Office of Transportation Engineering, at 301-600-1959 or via email at ARadcliffe@FrederickCountyMD.gov.