FREDERICK, Md. – Frederick County government services will be closed Nov. 25 - 26 for the Thanksgiving holiday. Services will resume their regularly scheduled times, Monday, Nov. 29.
Additional information related to the holiday schedule:
- Animal Control and Adoption Center will be closed. Details: 301-600-1603 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/animalcontrol
- The Landfill and the Reichs Ford Road Recycling Center will be closed on Thanksgiving and there will be no curbside recycling pick-up. The facility will reopen on Friday and recycling collections will shift one day later than the normal schedule. Details: visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/recycle or call 301-600-2960.
- Frederick County Public Libraries will be closed from 5pm on Wednesday, November 24 through Sunday, November 28 and their online catalog will be unavailable as they migrate to a new system.
- Frederick County Courts and State’s Attorney’s Office District and Circuit Courts are closed. State’s Attorney offices will also be closed
- Board of Elections will be closed Thursday and Friday. Details: 301-600-VOTE (8683) or www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/elections
- Health Department will also be closed Nov. 25 and 26. Details: call 301-600-1029 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/healthdept
- Department of Social Services offices will be closed. Details: visit www.dhr.maryland.gov
- TransIT Services – On Thursday Nov. 25, 2021, TransIT services will not be in operation. MARC Train and the MTA 204, 505 and 515 Commuter Bus will not operate. On Friday, Nov. 26, TransIT-plus (demand response) service will not operate. All peak bus service will not operate. All other Connector and Shuttle bus service will operate on regular schedule. MTA 204, 505 and 515 Commuter Bus will NOT operate. MARC train will not operate. Details: 301-600-2065, visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/TransIT or refer to the Rider Bulletin.
- Call 301-600-9000 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov for further information about Frederick County government public services, FCG TV (cable channels 19 and 1085, including live and rebroadcast programming), county meetings on webcasting (www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/FCGTV), department listings and other issues of interest to citizens.