Frederick County Government Services
Closed in Observation of Christmas & New Year’s Holidays
FREDERICK, Md. – Frederick County government services will be closed Thursday and Friday, Dec. 23 and 24 in observation of the Christmas holiday. Work will resume at its regularly scheduled hours on Monday, Dec. 27. Services will also be closed on Friday, Dec. 31 in observation of the New Year’s Day holiday and will return to regularly scheduled hours on Monday, Jan 3.
Additional information related to the holiday schedule:
- Animal Control and Adoption Center: will be open Dec 23. And closed Dec. 24, Dec. 25, Dec. 31 and Jan. 1. Details: 301-600-1603 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/animalcontrol
- The Landfill and the Reichs Ford Road Recycling Center: The only holiday closure will be on Saturday, Dec. 25. The facility will be open on New Year’s day. Details: visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/recycle or use the Recycle Coach app.
- Frederick County Public Libraries: Will close at 5 p.m. on Dec. 23, and will be closed on Friday, Dec 24. Saturday Dec. 25, and Friday Dec. 31. Virtual resources and services are still available 24/7 at www.fcpl.org
- Frederick County Courts and State’s Attorney Office: District and Circuit Courts are open on Dec 23. Courts will be closed Dec. 24 and Dec. 31. State’s Attorney offices will be closed Dec. 23-24 and Dec. 31.
- Board of Elections: will be closed Dec. 24 and Dec. 31. Details: 301-600-VOTE (8683) or www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/elections
- Health Department: School Health, Audiology, Dental, and Infants & Toddlers Programs will be closed Dec. 23. All divisions and services will be closed Dec 24 and Dec 31. Details: call 301-600-1029 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/healthdept
- Department of Social Services: All offices will be open Dec. 23. Offices will be closed on Dec. 24 and closed on Dec. 31. Details: visit www.dhr.maryland.gov
- TransIT Services: On Thursday, Dec. 23 and Friday, Dec. 31, the TransIT office will be closed and there will be adjustments to TransIT Services. There will be no TransIT service and the office will be closed on Friday, Dec. 24, Saturday, Dec. 25, and Saturday, Jan. 1. For a full list of service changes on Dec. 23 and Dec. 31, please refer to the rider bulletin: https://www.frederickcountymd.gov/DocumentCenter/View/334648/Christmas-and-New-Years-Holiday-Service or call 301-600-2065.
- Call 301-600-9000 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov for further information about Frederick County government public services, FCG TV (cable channels 19 and 1085, including live and rebroadcast programming), county meetings on webcasting (www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/FCGTV), department listings and other issues of interest to citizens.