FREDERICK, MD – Frederick County Government offices will be closed on Monday, July 4, 2022 in observance of the Independence Day holiday. Services will resume at their regularly scheduled times on Tuesday, July 5.
Additional information regarding the holiday schedule:
- Animal Control: Administrative offices and animal adoptions will be closed on Monday, July 4. Animal Control Officers will be on duty and may be reached at 301-600-1544. For animal-related emergency situations, call 301-600-1603 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/animalcontrol.
- Board of Elections offices will closed to the general public. Details: call 301-600-VOTE or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/elections.
- Department of Social Services will be closed. Details: Call 301-600-4555 or visit www.dhs.maryland.gov.
- Health Department will be closed. Details: Visit Health.FrederickCountyMD.gov or call 301-600-1029.
- Landfill and the Reichs Ford Road Recycling Center : The facility will be closed on Monday, July 4, resulting in the residential recycling collection schedule shifting one day later than the normal for the entire week. Details: Use the Recycle Coach app, visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/landfill, or call 301-600-2960.
- State’s Attorney’s Office and Frederick County Circuit Courts: will be closed.
- Frederick County Public Libraries: Frederick County Public Libraries will be closed Sunday, July 3, and Monday, July 4. Curbside pickup and telephone reference will not be available. Details: call 301-600-1630 or visit www.fcpl.org.
- TransIT: On Monday, July 4, the TransIT office will be closed and all TransIT services will be cancelled for the Independence Day Holiday. MARC Train and 204, 505, & 515 MDOT MTA Commuter Bus service will also be cancelled. Details: call 301-600-2065 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/TransIT.