FREDERICK, MD. – Frederick County Government offices will be closed on Tuesday, November 8, for the Gubernatorial Election. Services will resume at their regularly scheduled times on Wednesday, November 9.
Additional information related to the holiday schedule:
- Animal Control will be closed. Details: 301-600-1603 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/animalcontrol.
- Board of Elections will be open. The election office and polling places are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. The drop boxes at the Board of Elections and other locations are open for mail-in ballots until polls close at 8 p.m. Details: 301-600-VOTE (8683) or www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/elections.
- Department of Social Services All offices will be closed. Details: visit www.dhr.maryland.gov.
- Health Department: All offices will be closed. Details: call 301-600-1029 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/healthdept.
- The Landfill and the Reichs Ford Road Recycling Center will be open and residential recycling collection will run on its normal schedule. (Please note that the administrative offices will be closed on election day.) Details: 301-600-2960 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/recycle.
- Frederick County Public Libraries will be open. View branch hours and locations at www.fcpl.org.
- TransIT Services: The Transit office will be open and Transit will be running full service. Details: call 301-600-2065 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/TransIT.
- Frederick County Courts and State’s Attorney Office: These offices will be closed.