FREDERICK, Md – Frederick County Government offices will be closed on Tuesday, July 4, for the Independence Day holiday. County offices and services will return to regularly scheduled hours on Wednesday, July 5.
Clarifications to the holiday schedule:
- Animal Control: Administrative office will be closed and kennels will be closed for adoptions on July 4. Animal Control Officers will be on routine duty, call 301-600-1544. For emergency situations, call 301-600-1603 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/animalcontrol.
- Board of Elections: Office will be closed. For further details, visit FrederickCountyMD.gov/elections or call 301-600-VOTE.
- Department of Social Services: Office will be closed. For further details, call 1-800-332-6347 or visit www.dhs.maryland.gov.
- Landfill, Administrative Offices and the Reichs Ford Road Recycling Center: Administrative services will be closed. The Reichs Ford Road Facility, including the transfer station, recycling center, and yard waste drop off will be open regular hours. For further details, call 301-600-2960 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/recycle.
- Health Department: All offices will be closed. For further details, call 301-600-1029 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/healthdept.
- Frederick County Public Libraries: Libraries will be closed on Tuesday, July 4. Curbside pickup and telephone reference will not be available. For further details, call 301-600-1630 or visit www.fcpl.org.
- Frederick County Courts and State’s Attorney’s Office: District and Circuit Courts will be closed.
- Transit: Transit office will be closed, and all Transit services will be cancelled for the Independence Day holiday. MARC Train and the 204, 505 and 515 MDOT MTA Commuter Bus service will be cancelled. For further details, call 301-600-2065 or visit http://www.frederickcountymd.gov/Transit.
For further information about Frederick County Government services, county meetings, department listings, and other issues of interest to residents, call 301-600-9000 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov.